Saturday, October 16, 2010

With a little imagination…

This month has gone by so fast as I’ve been working on the details of getting our first home, making Halloween, planning a baby shower, and finishing up my last cake decorating workshop.  We’ve still been having fun in spite of all the work.  I love that my boy has an amazing imagination.  He loves to act out adventures and has even enlisted Vivian in his games.  She loves it…as is illustrated below…

 027   Who knew my nine-month-old daughter would be enlisted in the prince’s army at such a young age?

We’ve spent some more time at the park nearby which just added a new game called “Castle Quest”.  Right up Christian’s alley of fun.  Here’re some pictures of Jared and Christian in the heat (or not) of combat. 041   040

As I was sewing Vivian’s Costume, about a week ago, Christian accosted me in the craft room threatening me with his hook if I didn’t make his costume now.  Poor guy, he had to learn that favors are not won through threats…. I’m working on his costume but I’m still not quite finished.

311

Despite Christian’s influence on the more aggressive type of play, Vivian is in LOVE with Little People.  She pretty much always has one in her hand.  Here’s a picture of her crawling to her daddy despite the odd hand position it causes to take along her favorite toy.

067 068

This picture was taken in rather low lighting but I love how it shows Vivian’s delight as she plays with her little people.

324

Little people were actually her main motivation to start pulling up to standing for the last two weeks.  This is her second day of her new accomplishment…happy to be playing up off the floor.

247 

Christian is really into his “Trio Blocks” as of late, which is so fun to see.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with Trio blocks, they are made by Fisher-Price and have “bricks, sticks and panels” that all work together…similar to constructs in idea.  Christian plays with these everyday making anything from dragons to buildings to “edibles”.  The photo above is from about a week ago when “Jake” aka Christian opened his lollipop shop at our home complete with amazing new flavors such as “Sweet Apple Crisp” and “Banana Raspberry Delight” along with some very tragic stories of his family of ten children and his wife that died from having them all at the same time!   It was so difficult for me to play along and not roll around on the floor laughing…. I can see him as an author of heart-rending fiction someday.

332

Here’s another use for his Trio sticks…to scare off the enemy!

329

This was the scariest contraption he made in my opinion, the rifle!  Good grief.  You really can’t ban boys from guns because they’ll make their own anyway…

For Family Home Evening a couple of weeks ago, we decided to act out our own rendition of “The Tortoise and the Hare”.  We were trying to teach Christian that he 1.) Doesn’t have to win every time and 2.) that it’s not a good idea to brag.  I really don’t think it sank in though…we’ll keep trying.  Christian was the Hare and Vivian was the Tortoise (Christian’s animals were the spectators along with dad.  I read and recorded the show).  Christian threw a mini fit at the end because he thought that the tortoise shouldn’t win because she was crawling and a baby.  I guess in some way it worked…at least we got the characters well-picked.

We made Christian ears and taped them on a head-band and taped a cotton ball on his backside for a tail.  Then we tied an empty egg separator carton thing on Vivian for a shell.  It was really cute watching her crawl around on the floor…especially at one point where she got turned over on her back and was stuck. Here are some photos from our play-acting:

251 252 253  259260

Christian takes after me and LOVES to dress up and become a new character.  Here he is as “Tie Man”  He will “Tie you up or untie you…depending on your ties to the right side”.  I had to laugh and laugh when he flew into my living room.  What a cute boy I have!297

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful that Vivian is standing! I love when they stop crawling all over the floor - no matter how many times I mopped, it seemed like Sandy was always black from scooting on the floor. Christian is very imaginative!

    ReplyDelete