Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween Costumes 2010

This years costumes are finally finished!  I’m so excited to show them off!  I know they’re not as amazing as the costumes that some people make but I think they’re pretty cool.

The first costume I decided to make was armor.  It actually took some convincing because Christian wanted to be a prince.  But since I pretty much made a prince costume last year (in a way) I really didn’t want to have to do the same thing again.  So I put on my best sales-woman approach and pulled out our “Narnia” collection book and sited all of the pictures that “The high King Peter” or “Prince Caspian” wear armor.  It worked!  He wanted armor after that.  The funniest thing about the whole scenario is that he still wants to be called “A prince, in armor”.

at home 016 

Here he is, looking fierce!

at home 047

I love his stance!  So tough!

And because I never know when to quit….I also made some other accessories to make his costume more versatile.

at home 044

Gritting his teeth with determination.

Now for the part that I’ve been waiting for my whole career as a mother!  My little Vivian’s outfit!  I have been wanting soooo badly to embellish clothing with glitter for years so I went all out and went crazy!  (Some of the material actually came glittered already, which was helpful ;) ).

And here she is, my little Fall Fairy:

at home 019

I’m so happy she kept the headband I made on.  The trick was to tell her how pretty she looked the second I put it on and push her hands away from trying to take it off.  I’ve had to do that every time I’ve put it on her, but it seems to work. 

at home 021

Back wing view!

at home 027 

Side view of her dress.  I loved the little petals on this pattern…thus why I had to make it when I saw it (besides that it came in 1/2 size….not many patterns this cute do!)  

at home 033   This one is just adorable to me!  I love her sweet little face and her pretty blue eyes!

So yes, I went a little crazy, and a little over-board.  But the point is, I’ve also had a LOT of fun. :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh-My-Goodness! Those costumes are awesome! But holy cow! Vivian has gotten so big and she is soooo freaking adorable! I love her costume! What an absolute doll! Great work Heather! Wow . . . just wow. All the pictures are great, I can't even decide which one I like the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Heather!! They are so darling! Halloween costumes are such a big job! I've been working since September, and I am still not quite done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you and your costumes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! Your kids are so lucky to have such a talented mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys! You're all so sweet with your comments. You're making me blush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are so talented! Those are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! Wow! So impressive! Better not let my kids see these, or they'll expect the same level of accomplishment!--Annette

    ReplyDelete