Thursday, September 23, 2010

Success!

Monday we made a bid on a house, and yesterday we found out that ours was the highest bid.  So if all goes well, we’re going to move very soon!!!!  Hurray!

No more apartment living!  No more neighbors taking showers at 4:30 am so that I can hear them!  No more lawn mowing and leaf-blowing at 6 am!  No more gross food smells coming from the neighbors!  No more incense smells coming from the vents! No more shower heads that are too low for even me, no more tile counters (who ever thought that would be a good idea?)!  No more single-paned windows!  No more ugly cinderblock!

This is cause to celebrate!

I’m very excited!  Plus I am so looking forward to having a backyard for Christian to play in, a kitchen that doesn’t feel like a tomb, and a guest bedroom to put up family and/or friends who may want to come for a visit (wink, wink, nudge, nudge…).  And just plain TONS more space!

Hallelujah!

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us these past few weeks in our search.  We have gotten some awesome results from your prayers.  The house is ten years old, in a great neighborhood and (drum roll please) right behind the elementary school (and a very highly rated one at that!) 

Here is what I get to cook in for Thanksgiving:

Kitchen winged foot house

Of course there will be a fridge in that empty spot so that it will look even better!

I can hardly wait for visitors (though it’s probably best to come to AZ between November and March, we had 107 degree weather the other day….and it’s nearing the end of September)!!

9 comments:

  1. The kitchen looks fantastic! I hope you love it there and find lots of great friends in your new ward and neighborhood! I just got home from Phoenix, and it was 107 for five days in a row. Jessica says you learn not to look at thermometers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is wonderful news! I hope all the details move along smoothly and you're in before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! I love your kitchen! What a beautiful island! So exciting! We definitely will have to try and come visit, though it might depend on Jake's work situation, but who knows? We might end up having a gig to shoot in Arizona, one never knows. :] Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super jealous of your AWESOME kitchen!!! Congratulations! We'll have to plan a trip down your way!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray! I'm so happy for you! If you will be there for Thanksgiving, there is a chance that we will be heading down that way. The kitchen looks fabulous!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea!!! I've been thinking about you all day today just wondering! And, can I just say I am so so so jealous of your kitchen?!!!! Keep us updated with your plans. I'm around for some box packing/visiting...whatever you want to call it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds so wonderful! I hope everything falls into place so you can leave apartment life behind. Home ownership is an adventure for sure, but much more satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That kitchen is gorgeous! I hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! oh, that Kitchen looks like so much fun to cook in!!

    ReplyDelete