Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Conference Saturday

We started out General Conference Saturday morning setting up the video recorder, only to find out that because we didn’t have a HDTV we couldn’t record it.  So I missed the first ten minutes or so as I set up the computer to stream it live.  Jared took Christian to soccer and he missed the whole thing, but I spent an enjoyable time organizing the study while listening.  When Jared got back we departed to spend the afternoon session with our adopted AZ family.   Here’s a little video of what we had to listen to pretty much the whole way there (we were being punished for forgetting  scripture scouts).

 

We had a nice Barbeque lunch with our surrogate family and then watched conference.  One very cool thing we learned is that Kalei is expecting.  She announced it with an invitation that had no set date and I was a little confused at first until I read it through again!  I’m so happy for her! 

I was a little worried about Jared’s lack of attentiveness during conference until Sherrada reminded me of a scripture that pertains to this video….

“…and he cast himself upon his bed, being overcome with the Spirit and the things which he had seen.”  IMG_3060 

Here’s Jared cuddling up with the bunnies.

After conference we had pizzas for dinner and then the men went to the Priesthood session while the rest of us (excepting Kalei’s family) went to Ladies night at Deseret Book.  I found a very cool book that I’d been wanting to find by one of my favorite children’s book authors/illustrators Jan Brett.  Here are Christian and Lydia as we waited in line and we got to stand by the chair for a minute.  They were really exceptionally behaved even though Lydia lost it at the end, for the most part they were both very good.

IMG_3062  IMG_3064

I love Conference and it was really nice to spend it with friends again!  Thanks again you guys!

1 comment:

  1. You guys have sure been having a lot of fun! It was so fun to see you last month, and we can't wait until you visit again!!

    ReplyDelete