Monday, April 5, 2010

April Fools Day…Fun with Food

Ever since I had Vivian I’ve been trying to do something “special” daily with Christian to make him feel like a big boy.  It doesn’t always happen especially lately since I’ve been a little overwhelmed with the basic tasks at hand with our traveling schedule.  Usually we just read and/or do some kind of project or have what Christian calls a “learning lesson” where I let him do letter or number worksheets that I’ve laminated with contact paper so that he can use the dry-erase markers and redo them a couple of times (it helps cut down on paper). 

Christian really does like to cook so when I saw this idea on my friend Shawna’s blog, I thought that it would be a fun activity to do with Christian.  They’re spaghetti octopus’s (I actually used linguine noodles because I thought they would be a little more sturdy).  I heated up some spaghetti sauce in the fridge and it was a little weird (I’m really not used to eating spaghetti with hot dogs).  But then I realized later that a creamy cheese sauce would have tasted really good with these.  I know it’s not the most healthy meal so we made veggie wagons to go with them as you can see on the left edge of the picture.

 

IMG_3050

Here is Chef Christian Happy to show off his work.  He had so much fun making them that I totally let him take over and I only did a couple.

 

Later that day as we were eating our salad’s, Christian put all of his olives on his fingers like I’m sure every kid does and started giggling… “Look, I’m a red-eyed tree frog!”  It was just too cute not to take a picture of.

IMG_3056

Too bad he didn’t get red-eye for the photo (j/k).

1 comment:

  1. Christian is so cute, I think that pasta hot dog thing is so weird, but it's actually a pretty genius idea I guess. I do think the only thing you could eat it with would be cheese sauce.

    ReplyDelete