Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Preparations...

This week we’ve been trying to get ready for Christmas.  Because we were moving last year Christian does not remember us ever decorating for Christmas which I find so sad.  I’m also amazed at how not getting ready for Christmas last year really affected me.  Last December I had my senior recital, the school Christmas concert and our move all packed into it.  I am so glad that this year I can do all of the things that I’ve wanted to do for the past (two) years.  Poor Jared, he’s feeling a little crazy by all of my projects and ideas!

artsy Christian

Last Monday we went to Walmart to get a real Christmas tree from the ones for sale in the parking lot by a private vender…we ended up going inside the store and getting an artificial tree that already had lights for half the price when it turned out that the cheapest real one was $75.  Then we came home and celebrated advent (a day late) and put up the tree for family time.

Christian was amazed at all of the decorations we had because he had absolutely no memory of the Christmas he was 22 months.  I feel so bad that I just didn’t have the energy (or time) last year to at least put up something in our apartment at the village.

Saturday we went the to parade of lights that my friend Claudia told me about. It was really fun and also comical to me to watch all of the people outside “freezing” in their warm winter coats while I was a little chilly in my hoodie (you couldn’t even see your breath).  I guess I haven’t acclimated completely to the climate.  Christian was very excited to see Santa on the new fire engine for the last entry.  Sorry about the picture being hard to see, my camera’s not the best at night!

IMG_1728 

Santa on the top of the city’s brand new fire engine!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a cute mom! I hope I can be as cute as you some day!

    ReplyDelete