Monday, September 21, 2009

Day at the Circus

My whole life I’ve wanted to go to the circus and used to love watching the movie “Jumbo” with Doris Day and Jimmy Durante and anything on TV that showed a circus but I’ve never had an opportunity to actually attend one physically.  Jared came home from Fry’s about two weeks ago with a child’s free ticket to the circus for this past weekend.  We decided to grasp the opportunity and go since we’ve both never gone (probably due to the fact that we’re both from the tail ends of large families). 

 

 IMG_0984 

The tickets were only available one hour before the show started so we got there right at ten to get our tickets. This circus was for the Shiners organization that has various orthopedic IMG_0986and burn hospitals around the country for Children who need costly treatments.  So they had a lot of volunteer clowns that were shriners walking around the grounds before and after the show.   They had some fun free things like clowns painting simple things on the kids’ hands and making balloon animals and such.  Christian picked a lady bug and a sword.  Go figure.

IMG_0989

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They also had elephant rides for a cost there.  It was a little expensive for a ride but I figured “how many times in your life do you have an opportunity to ride an elephant?”  Riding an elephant has been one of the things Christian has mentioned that he “wants to do someday”.

IMG_0996 “Hi Mom”

IMG_0990   “This is a pretty slow ride…”

IMG_0994  “Check out how high up we are!”

 

 IMG_0997 Here’s Christian waiting for the show to begin.  He was being such a good boy!

 

Here’s an album of all of the shots of the acts.  No video’s were permitted so I only could take stills.

 

This is a shot of Christian and I after the show.  It was pretty hot which is my excuse for the flat hair.  As you can see I’m getting bigger all the time.  I wonder how much good my exercising does when my body just hangs on to any weight it can.

  IMG_1191 

I’m so glad we went.  It was an experience that I hope Christian remembers.  It was great fun!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Heather, you look so cute prego! Exercise is looking good on you. I think it is great that Christian got to ride an elephant, not to many people can say they have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! I love the elephant ride. And you are looking so very cute!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the circus too! The elephant ride looks so cool! What a fun day! And you do totally look darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are so great! Christian is so cute! And you are looking so cute too! I love your prego belly! Don't worry- your exercise is definitly paying off for you and your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! I bet that it was the same company because it looks almost exactly the same!!! I'm glad that you guys had fun! You look adorable by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how grown um Christian looks! You look so cute too! I sure miss you. Every time I walk home from church I think "I should stop and visit Heather. Oh wait. . ." I wish I had stopped by more often when you were here. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool pictures! That's so cool you were able to fulfill one of Christian's life goals so early on in his life! I want to ride an elephant someday too!

    ReplyDelete