Monday, June 15, 2009

Baby Love

Ever since he was about 18 months old, Christian loooves babies.  It was sometime before we moved to the student apartments when he would come to me everyday and say “Mom, I want a baby sister.”  Really slowly and seriously.  I would ask him if he wanted a baby brother and he would say “No, baby sisters are best!”  I was really shocked that he didn’t want a baby brother but ever since we moved to our new ward with lots of babies—it really is the girl babies that he has more interest in.  I have no idea why.

So in March I pulled out his “water baby” that I bought him at 18 months that he hadn’t played with forever and suggested that it be his baby brother or sister.  He gave me this look like “duh” and said “Well it has to be a girl” and then he explained the anatomy to me.

He loves his baby and is incredibly attached to it at home especially.  He has gotten both his grandma who sews to make an outfit and the grandma who crochets to make little booties.  We have to dress the baby in clothes every morning and in pajamas every night.  The baby also takes baths with Christian and participates in our family dinners together besides most family activities….we even have to wait for Christian to buckle the baby in the car (he is really mad we don’t have a car seat for it yet).IMG_0007

Christian woke up with a fever last night and he’s been laying on the couch with the baby all morning and he keeps telling me that even though he’s sick he still needs to be a good big brother and take care of his baby. 

I’m really glad Christian likes babies but we’ll see what he thinks of them when we get a real one at our house for keeps.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Christian has a fever, I hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I love the adoration in his face in the picture! He's such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete