Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter 2011

This was such a different Easter this year.  Last year, we watched Conference on the Saturday before Easter and Easter Sunday and there was an earthquake but because of conference, we didn’t do much else though we did go to ladies night the night before.

IMG_8043

This year, we went to an Egg Hunt on Saturday morning, put on by a ward member and friend Alicia (who is a musical theater major so we have something somewhat in common).  She had the brilliant idea that each parent drop off a dozen filled eggs for each of their child and she hid them at the green belt by her house that morning.  Then we all met for a hunt and breakfast which each family brought something to share.

IMG_8051

Christian was really having a grand time looking for eggs but Vivian just wanted to hold one in each hand and wasn’t interested in placing them anywhere else (like a bag, basket or carton).   IMG_8054     IMG_8063  The whole group of children at Alicia’s Egg Hunt

Later that day, we went to a Birthday party for Jordyn and then I went out with Kalei, Venetia and Torren to hide eggs and we had another egg hunt that evening.

IMG_8071   It’s a little fuzzy but it’s still cute.  The kids all posing in front of pin the tail on Bulls-eye (Christian’s tail is the one by the door knob).IMG_8075 Jordyn opening our present to her.  I’m glad she seemed pleased.IMG_8078While I left for a bit, Jared entertained the children.  There is something so magical about being with Jared when you have his attention.  It think it’s his sincere caring for others.  That’s what I noticed that sparkled about him when we first met. IMG_8104 Vivian with her stash of eggs in the crook of one armIMG_8106 Christian, looking concerned that he didn’t find enough eggs

The next day, Christian woke up and was very worried that he couldn’t find his basket (he just wasn’t looking hard enough) but once he found it, he was very pleased…Vivian took a ton of coaching to even look for her basket.  I should have talked the bunny into doing a trail of jelly beans or eggs but I was worried about Ginger (our dog) getting into them.  Once she found her basket, she was pretty happy with it.

IMG_8118     Easter Morning, Vivian and Christian enjoying their loot. 

I had spent the majority of my free time the week before sewing a dress for Vivian and though I should have felt relieved once we got to church,  I didn’t because church was insane. I was singing with the choir and also was in a ladies trio with Alicia and another sister in our ward.  I also was asked to play the descant for “Beautiful Savior” on my violin, so it was pretty crazy with all the preparations I had to make and then I was beat after sacrament was over.  Christian gave a talk in primary and did a really good job (even if he did hide his face behind pictures).IMG_8135Vivian and Christian (with Ginger being camera shy behind), after church, very tired but trying to pose.IMG_8138My handsome boy trying to not look because it was so sunny outside.IMG_8140   Vivian, looking at anything but me when I’m trying to take her picture, at least she looks cute in her new dress.  I always have loved those “fluttery” sleeves.

That evening we went to my friend Jenny’s house (she’s really one of the first women to befriend me in my new ward) and had a delicious dinner.  It was so good.  I tried corn pudding for the first time and it was actually pretty good.  I felt really silly because we both had talked earlier about who wanted to bring dessert and we decided that we would both do it for variety.  Guess what! We both made the same thing.  Yep.  We both made cupcakes with green coconut for grass and jelly beans for eggs.  Luckily, hers were chocolate and mine were strawberry so they both did get eaten.

  IMG_8144

Then they had an egg hunt for the kids.  So after three egg hunts, Vivian is not interested in getting any more eggs than she can hold.  I’m relieved that Easter is over this year but I’m really glad that it was so eventful and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment