Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Catching up…At home…March to April

I have been horrible about blog this past month…It has something to do with Vivian being into everything plus being busy just trying to get on top of housekeeping while doing projects on the side.  This post is kind of long and catchy upy so feel free to skip if it’s too lengthy.

March was very exciting because we finally finished painting Christian’s room.  The kids had been sharing a room in Vivian’s lovely PINK room (one babysitter we had commented that it seemed a little weird that both the kids were in a pink room).

IMG_7564IMG_7566

Picture of the kids in Vivian’s room with Christian’s very boyish bed in there.

Really, it was actually a positive experience because Vivian learned to not be so fussy when she was put in bed and I think it was more from watching Christian’s example than anything.  After he moved out she has been very happy to go to sleep and waves bye-bye to me and laughs when I put her in bed.  Which is so so so  much better than it used to be (you know, when she used to scream for about one minute and throw up because she was Christian’s room is finished because now he actually wants to spend time playing in his room.  He’s even been waking up early just so that he can play by himself with his blocks without a certain little person around.IMG_7784

Here’s a cute photo of Vivian “helping” while I was painting the trim in Christian’s room

If Christian’s room is ever clean enough I’ll have to post some pictures.

It’s been getting pretty warm here but we’ve enjoyed some time at the parks around here (there are a few in my neighborhood which is a dream).  Here are some photos of one of the days I took the kids to the park for a picnic.

IMG_7788 IMG_7790 IMG_7794   IMG_7797 IMG_7798

If you notice what’s to the left behind Christian you’ll understand the draw to living out on the outskirts of the city appeals to me….MOUNTAINS!!!  One other thing that’s lovely about living out in more the country is that it actually is cool in the mornings!  I LOVE it.  So before it gets up to the 90’s I can let the kids play out in the backyard before it’s too hot.

IMG_7845 Here’s Vivian in my weedy backyard (Jared has since weeded ;) ).  One thing that has been cracking me up lately is that Vivian has figured out that Christian can give her rides on his tricycle and so she will scream “Meh” at him (which is what she calls him…don’t know why) and he will come and give her a ride.  It is so cute to see how slow and careful he is with her trying to be a good big brother.    IMG_7848 IMG_7850 IMG_7860 Vivian has turned into quite a little ham herself lately and really loves to be silly and laugh.  Christian is now even more dramatic and has become quite emotional.  He has a real interest in everything being fair which isn’t always possible and it frustrates him when things don’t seem fair. IMG_7866

I love this picture of Christian with Ginger and how she just patiently sits with him while he plays around her.

I had a personally eye-opening experience when I tended the next-door neighbor’s twins for a couple of days this past month.  I had been feeling overwhelmed by all the “regular” things I had been trying to accomplish each day with my own children underfoot and after watching two others I realized that in comparison my life’s a dream and I really have been able to put my responsibilities into perspective (and come to the conclusion that really I do not want twins  one at a time is good enough for me).  The twins weren’t bad or anything, in fact they are fun and great and we all had a pretty good time it’s just a lot of attention to spread out all the time….and quite exhausting! IMG_7878Here’s a cute pic of Sophia and Moses loving Ginger one of the days we watched her.

The next photos are from an evening (I think a Sunday?)while we were all hanging out together and watching Veggie Tales and Christian and Vivian were just playing so cute that I thought should pull out my camera and capture their cuteness.

IMG_7893 Here they are playing with a baby together…IMG_7894   Absorbed in a movie  (don’t you just love that Vivian has her church shoes on top of her footed pjs? :/ She has a real thing about wearing shoes)IMG_7900

I love how sweetly Vivian plays mommy with the baby dolls!IMG_7912

A Cute photo for Jared holding both of our funny children!  I don’t know how much longer he can do this—Christian is getting so heavy!

Christian and Vivian are both getting big and fun.  I am in shock that Vivian is getting so close to going to nursery, the time has gone so fast with her these last couple of months…it’s because she’s getting to be so much fun ;)!  I will try to post some pics of the house and what I’ve done.

1 comment:

  1. The "tricycle rides" are so adorable!! What a sweet big brother.

    ReplyDelete