Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day after Christmas plus Vivian’s UT Birthday Party…

The Morning of December 26, 2010, we decided to join Jared’s parents for their Church since it would be one of the last opportunities to see them before they left on their mission.  When we got out of church it started to snow.  It came down really fast and Christian was really excited to see some real snow so he put on his boots and went tromping around.  After a while, Jared and he got in a little snow-ball fight.  When he finally came in, Christian was really surprised at how cold his hands were…. “that wasn’t in the frosty the snowman movie”!  Gotta love my boy!IMG_6773 IMG_6782

In the “heat” of the battle.IMG_6797 So even if we didn’t have a white Christmas at least we did get to see some snow.  I’m so grateful that I don’t have to deal with that all of the time even if it is fun to be in for a little while!

When Vivian woke up from her nap, we took her to see Grandma and Grandpa get set apart and then she got to check out the snow a little. IMG_6802

After Jared’s parents were set apart, we went back to my parent’s and set-up for Vivian’s birthday party. IMG_6815 Here’s a photo of the set-up.  I made this banner (now I know why people buy cricuts, it took forever for me to cut all of those letters by hand)! I also made 52 cupcakes that my sister-in-law Megan, helped me place in the shape of a numeral “1” which I got the idea from my great friend Charisse.IMG_6816  IMG_6822

Here’s our little birthday girl!  She was really excited about the balloons we blew up.IMG_6826 Here’s the candle all lit.  I was so nervous.  Christian was a lot less hands-off with fire than Vivian is.IMG_6832 I think she liked it, once she dug in!IMG_6849  After a messy treat, Vivian opened her gifts. I hate it that you can see he bruise on her right cheek.  That’s the price babies pay for learning how to walk which is what she’s been working on lately.IMG_6851

My niece Elizabeth, Grandma Linda and Grandpa Gerald.  IMG_6853Our friends, L-R: Alan, Brooke, Michaela and her mom, Charisse.  I was so happy to have them all there!   IMG_6859   My nephew Shaun, and my sister April holding my sister Julie’s baby, Kate who looks like a little elf!

IMG_6863 Jared, explaining something with his hands ;).IMG_6865My niece Trystan and her mom (Jared’s sister) Deborah.  They were really sweet and came all the way from Saratoga Springs.  It was great to see them there!  IMG_6869 Brooke and her baby boy, Ammon.IMG_6870  Jared visiting with my Grandma and Alan.IMG_6872 A cute photo of my niece Autumn and my friend Charisse’s daughter Michaela checking out Vivian’s loot.IMG_6895 The little kids (who were wildly crazy that night) playing a game of ring-around-the-rosy!IMG_6908  Kate enjoying a cupcake!  IMG_6910

Detail on the Cupcakes.

IMG_6909

It was a fun party, even if it was a little crazy to do it the day after Christmas….I guess I didn’t have too much choice in the matter when Vivian was born!  I’m so grateful that we could celebrate my little girl’s first birthday with family and friends.  I miss them all so terribly!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to see you! I understand the frustration about Vivian's bruise; It seems like bruises always happen at our house just in time for birthdays and holidays when I want to take pictures. She's adorable with or without the bruise, though.

    ReplyDelete