Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas in Utah this year was not white.  It was bright though.  The Christian and Vivian woke up later than anyone else (my brother’s were going a little crazy) and then we all went out to see what Santa Claus brought.  Vivian was pretty excited.  I took more videos than pictures but here are some good ones.

IMG_6712 Vivian checking out her new clock toy.

IMG_6715Christian posing in his new hat from Grandma Jaydene his expression is pretty funny…I can’t tell what he’s thinking….

IMG_6723

After presents, we all had a delicious breakfast of breakfast casserole that my mom made and then Jared’s parent’s stopped by to wish us Marry Christmas and to see what Santa brought the kids.  Shortly after they left we stopped by my sister April’s house to see the kids before they went to their dad’s and check out April’s gorgeous Christmas Tree.

IMG_6727 Here’s a cute shot of the kids together.  Vivian on the floor, Christian, Shaun and Autumn.  I wish we lived closer, Christian talks about his cousin’s non-stop and keeps asking me to call them and tell them to come visit.IMG_6733 Here’s a picture of her tree.  The pictures just don’t do it justice because it is amazing!

After visiting April and her kids, we stopped by Jared’s parent’s house.IMG_6735

Vivian was a little timid but she was happy to roam around.IMG_6736

Because Gerald and Linda kept talking about Germany (they left for their second mission to Freiberg, Germany the next morning), Christian kept asking them what country everything was from.  It was making me laugh.  He was so interested that they had figurines from Germany, Chocolate from Switzerland, candy from Turkey, and a coloring book from China.  It was a crack-up!

After all that visiting, we took Christian and Vivian back to my mom’s for a nap.  Once they woke up, we went up to my Grandma’s house for a Christmas visit.IMG_6751 Here is a picture that shows Christian’s delight of finding an envelope with his name on it off of the “money tree”.IMG_6761

Not the most flattering picture of me but this is reality :). IMG_6764 Great-grandma giving Christina and Vivian loves.  Vivian wasn’t too sure what to think.  Christian was really happy to visit though.IMG_6767 We had a lovely Christmas.  I was a little tired myself, but I think that’s the price of being a parent.  I’m so thankful that Christ chose to come down (even if it wasn’t in December) and live in the most humble of circumstances and live and die for all of us so that we could have the opportunity and choice to be with our Father in Heaven again.  What better gift could anyone ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment