Thursday, November 19, 2009

Visit from the Folks

We had a fun-filled weekend this past week when my parents came for a visit.  Amazingly enough we planned things pretty well so that Christian (and I) never missed our nap for the day, which was really nice.  It was almost like Christmas because of the random fun things my mom and dad brought for us (including our Christmas lights from our shed and our nativity) as well as a car for Christian which he now insists on having under one of his chairs when he’s not playing with it…it’s the garage.

Saturday we took Christian to soccer in the morning, lunch at In and Out and then to the little amusement park three blocks from my house in the evening.

IMG_1863 

Here’s Christian on one of the little bumper boat’s that they have with a little propeller on the bottom to keep them moving—he loves them!

Sunday we went to Church and then in the evening drove to the Mesa Temple and walked around… the light was beautiful!

IMG_1928

Mesa Temple at sunset…beautiful!

IMG_1923

Christian “freezing” in front of some cactus plants… it was actually very pleasant if you had long sleeves, I guess he’s acclimated to the warm temperatures already!

 

Monday we went to the (world’s largest) Fire Engine Museum where Christian enjoyed playing on the one display of a real Fire Engine that they allow anyone to climb all over and then the small scale truck in the Children’s area.   My mom and dad read the guide book and walked around while he played and it worked out pretty well.

Here’s a video I made of Christian entertaining himself.  He’s got quite the imagination!

 

Tuesday was the day we decided to go the the Zoo which was great fun.  My dad indulged Christian more than I do (It’s nice to have doting grandparents come).  He paid for Christian to have a camel ride and for he and I to feed a giraffe—very fun!IMG_1510

Riding Camel!

IMG_1514

Feeding the giraffe (with an 18” tongue)

IMG_1516

Riding on the new statue of a komodo dragon!

IMG_2021

Playing on the tractor…he’s favorite!

IMG_1528

Petting a goat…he petted every goat there and didn’t spend any extra time with any of them…

IMG_1526

Milking a pretend cow…it has utters that you pull and “milk” (really water) comes out.  That night he asked me if I could put mommy milk in a bottle so that he could feed the baby…he thinks about things I never would expect!

IMG_1523

Got to love that smile!

IMG_2038

Riding Wild Boar…scary!

That evening we went to an ice cream shop that I had noticed coming home from shopping last week.  They offer all these interesting choices like “The Mountain” which serves 10 people and is $50.  Turns out it was a good choice and has been around for 50 years and wins the best ice cream in Phoenix award every year!  I’m so good.  Of course, I couldn’t have ice cream myself, but everyone else did.  I was really impressed with the speed Christian ate his which was a cone with a scope twice the size of the cone poking out.

I’m so glad my parent’s could come….I hope they had fun because we had fun having them here!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! When Lilly saw the the picture of him standing by the cactus she said, "He's getting so tall!" It just sounded so funny, like something I would have said. She loved watching him play with the fire truck too.
    Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I'm so excited to see you guys next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time!
    Ouch, though, on the mommy milking idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete