Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween was a little different that usual this year as I didn’t host a party or see any family.  It was a good year though. 

Friday we had a Ward party that was combined with the Spanish Branch that had these amazing juices…watermelon, cantaloupe, lemonade,…etc.  some flavors I’m really not sure what they were.  It was great.  We mostly hung around my friend Claudia and her husband.  She’s the primary president and one of the only people we knew there…I really don’t know too many people anyway since we’ve both been called to primary.

 IMG_0012

About a dozen or so families/organizations decorated rooms for the kids to trick or treat at which was fun.  I hung out in the primary room since there weren’t any chairs left in the cultural hall that weren’t already occupied.

Christian went around with Jared and when they got back to the primary room Christian fought a zombie looking guy with his sword.  It was actually pretty funny to watch them go (Claudia’s the witch in the background of this picture). IMG_0016

Saturday, we took Christian over to do the free activity at Michael’s in his costume in the morning.  After a nap we  headed to Mesa to spend the evening with my friend Sherrada and her family which included her parents.  We were a little disappointed that her sister Kalei was sick  so her family couldn’t come and there was no Damien for Christian to play with.  Some of us went trick-or-treating  (two kids and five adults) while Jason, Sherrada’s dad stood behind a pillar on the porch with a microphone saying silly/scary things and embarrassing his wife.

 IMG_1385 

Lydia as a frog…

IMG_1389  

The Three Musketeers…

IMG_1395

Jason Reading to the kids…

IMG_1398

Lydia, enjoying the little chair…

Afterwards, we played a game of Saboteur and then some of them went on a Sonic run.  We didn’t get home until late but we had a great time!

5 comments:

  1. We went to our ward Halloween party this year too. I don't really have any good friends yet so the whole thing was kind of awkward. So I totally know how you feel. But on a lighter note, I totally love your costumes and I think you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I already told you this, but I think your costumes look amazing! It makes me wonder how anyone can be content with cheap wal-mart costume when they see people wearing something that looks so professional and yet is homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! You guys are the cutest family ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys look awesome!! Fabulous costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can hang out with me anytime! I was talking with Burke last night and we need to have you guys over sooner than later! I hope everyone likes dogs, because we have a tribe of them :) You're so awesome and the costumes were the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete