Friday, May 22, 2009

My little Chef

Every time I cook I try to let Christian help. I remember being little and wanting to help and my mother would tell me to "watch until I learn" how to cook. It was really frustrating for me and after a while I had absolutely no interest in cooking. Isn't it interesting that we can quench someone's thirst to help just by not letting them? Anyway, so I decided when I made Jared's Birthday cake when Christian was 15 months or so that he was big enough to help stir with some help and supervision. He loved it and ever since then I've tried to let Christian help me with at least a portion of every meal when I'm doing something that does not involve knives or heat. He knows that the oven is too hot and that knives are dangerous so he doesn't even ask when it comes to those tasks. He loves to help out. On Sunday, Jared was saying that "Mommy's a good cook" and Christian looked at him and said "Yeah but I'm the best chef!" Today he was trying to think of culinary masterpieces for breakfast. My favorite idea was "I have a great idea! Lets put chocolate sauce on yogurt! Yogurt is healthy!!!" I vetoed that one and said that he could have the yogurt alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment