Friday, July 23, 2010

Somebody watching you?

On our trip to Utah, we stopped by Wendy’s and got Christian a kid’s meal.  The prize inside was a “karaoke” CD that you can mess with the balance and you can’t hear the lyrics so that your family can play karaoke in the car.  The one we got was the ‘80’s mix.  Jared was thrilled!  (Have I ever mentioned he has an obsession with 80’s music?  It comes from having older sisters that grew up in that decade I’m guessing…).  So Jared had all of the lyrics memorized already and he and Christian played the CD over and over again (there are only 4 songs on it so I was losing my mind after a while). 

After a while of insanity on my part I asked if we could just let the CD rest (it was really me).  Christian said sure and started singing all of the songs without the music.  When he was singing the song “Somebody’s Watching Me” he stopped dead sentence and said,

“You know, someone is always watching you, Heavenly Father, your parents and you know who else?…

*dramatic pause*

“Santa Claus!!!”

We all bust up laughing…I love this kid!

1 comment: